Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's 2015: Why We Don't Celebrate (but have a sweet one)


Valentine's is just around the corner and its festivities have been going on since the end of last month.

All photos taken by my handsome husband.

My husband and I personally don't believe in Valentine's day as how it is portrayed in the media and how young couples take it as. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers and chocolates but I can get those anytime I want, heck, I can get those myself. Where's the demonstration of love there? Media has turned Valentine's day (just like any other opportunity they can make money on) into a billion-dollar event to suck money from consumers with overpriced nasty chocolates and red rose flowers, so predictable.

Aside birthdays, I don't like to expect things from my husband on special holidays; I like to be taken by a complete surprise...it is so much more meaningful when something comes from "just because" rather than "oh shit I have to." That shows the constant reminder that you are in his/her head throughout the year without being forced because of the scheme of an anniversary, Christmas, Valentine's, etc. The gift-buying has taken over the true meaning behind all those holidays, especially Christmas, and Valentine's is on the same boat.

***Quick History on Valentine's Day: February 14th is the celebration in honor of St. Valentine martyrdom based on his death date. There are two believes about St. Valentine's: 1)he was a Christian priest who married young couples in secrecy during the reign of Claudius the Goth and 2) he was a Roman martyred who refused giving up his Christian faith. Read more about St. Valentines HERE and HERE.


Have a wonderful Monday you beautiful glitsies and talk to you all on Wednesday, cheers!

Outfit Details
Crown: I made
Top: Boston Proper
Skirt: I sewed
Shoes: Charlotte Russe

Remember this picture HERE and this one HERE related to this post? :)


Let's Connect:

The post Valentine's 2015: Why We Don't Celebrate (but have a sweet one) first appeared on JuJu's Moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment